The practice of dentistry encompasses an amazing array of services and procedures, all with a common goal: to help you to preserve your natural teeth as long as possible, ensure your oral health, and keep you looking and feeling great throughout life.
There's so much that can be done to improve the appearance of a person's smile — at any age. There is a wide range of exciting possibilities, from powerful professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers and state-of-the-art dental implants.
The first step in any smile makeover is a thorough dental examination to make sure that your cosmetic problems are not a sign of underlying dental disease. Once your health has been established, your smile can be enhanced in a variety of ways.
General Dentistry Procedures
Modern dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy and look great. These procedures include:
- Cleanings & Oral Exams, to keep your teeth and gums healthy and catch early signs of dental disease
- Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks;
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth;
- Extractions, to remove unhealthy teeth that cannot be saved;
- Fillings, to restore decayed teeth;
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth that have larger cavities;
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect a dangerous disease that can be cured if caught early;
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth;
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again;
- Root Canal Treatment, to rescue diseased teeth;
- Sealants, to help prevent cavities;
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile;
- TMD Treatment, for pain in the jaw area that can interfere with biting and chewing;
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a natural, healthy look;
- Tooth Decay Prevention, so you keep your natural teeth as long as possible
When to Visit the Dentist
Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems are detected and treated in a timely manner. Strive to visit the dentist atleast twice a year to stay on top of problems like plaque buildup and gum disease.
Your regular dental visits will include a thorough oral exam to check the health of your teeth and gums, an oral cancer screening, and a professional cleaning to brighten up your smile. Don't miss out on the many benefits dentistry offers you and your family!